Where Ms. Binkley takes the Alta Veloce (high speed) train to a city in Tuscany.
Today we woke up early and decided to visit the city of Florence. It takes about one and one half hours on the Alta Veloce train from Rome.
Alta Veloce train
1. How far is Florence from Rome?
2. How fast does the train go?
3. Where did you find your answers?
4. Post your answers to the Blog. Be sure to include your name.
We went to the central market to look at all the good food. Tuscany is a region of Italy that is proud of its meat.
After wandering around the market, Ms. Binkley bought some gifts for her family. Her son, Mr. Binkley, bought a new wallet.
The Central Market
After all that traveling and shopping we were pretty hungry. We went to a small, traditional restaurant for lunch.
1. We paid 16 euro for lunch.
2. Look up how much it costs to buy a euro.
3. How much did our lunch cost?
4. Post your answer to the Blog. Be sure to include your name.
After we had that good lunch, we were ready for a walk around the city.
The Duomo and its bell tower
An interesting scooter
After we explored some of the city, we went into the Uffizi Museum.
From the terrace at the Uffizi museum
1. Choose one room of the Uffizi Museum.
2. Choose one painting that you like.
3. Write three description sentences.
4. Post your sentences to the Blog. Be sure to include your name.