Where Ms. Binkley visits two old neighborhoods in Rome.
13.03.2009 - 13.03.2009 60 °F
THE JEWISH GHETTO NEIGHBORHOOD
Ms. Binkley's son, Mr. Binkley's lunch at La Taverna del Ghetto
At La Taverna del Ghetto
The famous 'Turtle Fountain' in the Ghetto
The Jewish Synagogue
1. How many of Italy's Jews live in Rome?
2. When did the first Jews come to Rome?
Post your answer to the Blog. Don't forget your name
1. From where did the Jews come from?
2. Did Julius Caesar favor the Jews?
3. Why or why not?
4. Post your answers to the Blog. Don't forget your name
Ancient gate in the Ghetto
via del Portico d'Ottavia at the center of the Ghetto
An interesting car in Trastevere
Interesting graffiti on a wall in Trastevere
1. What does the name "Trastevere" mean in English?
2. Trastevere is on the river. Write three sentences telling why you think this was important to Rome.
3. Post your answers to the Blog. Don't forget your name.
An interesting building in Trastevere
A drinking fountain in Trastevere
Interesting streets in Trastevere