Where Ms. Binkley visits two famous museums, wanders through the Foro Romano (Roman Forum), and walks through the Villa Borghese park.
17.03.2009 - 17.03.2009 65 °F
Today we went on quite a long walk here and there around Rome. Follow along on the map.
Piazza del Popolo from the Pincio
Lake at Villa Borghese
The Galleria Borgheseis a museum that does not allow visitors to take any pictures. Tour the web site and see some of the famous sculptures and paintings.
1. What did the Romans use for money?
2. Where did the Romans shop?
3. Post your answer to the Blog. Don't forget your name.
1. Why was the Forum so important to the Romans?
2. List three things the Romans did in the Forum.
3. Why were Castor and Pollux so important to the Romans?
4. Post your answer to the Blog. Don't forget your name.
Castor and Pollux at the top of the Cordonata
Bronze statue of Marcus Aurelius
Bronze head from a statue of Constantine
Marble hand from a giant statue